The DC Chapter of the Association of Certified Financial Crime Specialists (ACFCS)
invites you to join us for a
Brown-Bag Lunch Event
On ENTREPRENEURS ON THE INTERPOL WANTED LIST: BALANCING LAW ENFORCEMENT WITH DUE PROCESS
This program will discuss (1) international police cooperation via INTERPOL’s channels: the mechanism and legal framework; (2) the principle of INTERPOL’s neutrality; (3) loopholes in INTERPOL’s rules that make the abuse of its channels possible; (4) member countries known for abusing INTERPOL; (5) the lack of transparency in INTERPOL’s disclosures; (6) why entrepreneurs become victims of INTERPOL abuse; (7) the rights of individuals on the international wanted list; (8) INTERPOL’s recent reforms and what else must be done to redress abuses.
DATE/TIME: May 8th, 2018 at Noon. (The program will start promptly at 12:15 so please arrive in time to take your seats.)
- Mr. Bruce Zagaris (moderator) – Berliner, Corcoran & Lowe LLP
- Mr. Yuriy Nemets, Esq – Law Office of Yuriy L. Nemets, PLLC and publisher of http://rednoticeabuse.com/
- Ms. Michelle Estlund, Esq. – Estlund Law, Coral Gables, Florida and publisher of www.rednoticelawjournal.com
- Mr. Theodore R. Bromund – Senior Research Fellow in Anglo-American Relations, Margaret Thatcher Center for Freedom
- Mr. Matthew Klecka – Partner, Ernst & Young (formerly with USDOJ)
Please note: THIS IS A BROWN-BAG EVENT. You are encouraged to bring your own lunch. Beverages are generously provided by Reed Smith.
You may register for the event here.