The Master of Arts in Financial Integrity – Case Western Reserve University
The course of study is intended for professionals who design and implement anti-money laundering, counter-terrorism, counter-proliferation financing policies and related integrity initiatives. Taught by leading academics and practitioners from around the world, the MAFI program is the first of its kind offered by a major research university.
To obtain the MAFI degree, students must successfully complete eight courses for a total of 32 credits. The 2017-2018 MAFI tuition rate is $2,106 per credit hour. Scholarship aid is available.
Courses are conducted for 16 months through a series of intensive, weekend sessions held on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Students may participate via video conferencing. The next cohort, beginning October 20, 2017, will be taught in Washington, D.C., USA.
- Criminology of Financial Integrity
- Inroduction to Preventive Measures
- Introduction to Investigations and Law Enforcement
- International Cooperation in Civil and Criminal Matters
- Building and Implementing an Effective Preventive Measures Compliance Program
- Building and Prosecuting Criminal and Civil Financial Integrity Cases
- Capstone Research Project
- Selected topics in customer acceptance and transaction monitoring systems
- Selected topics in national financial intelligence units
- Mutual Evaluations
- Anti-money laundering and the financing of terrorism and proliferation: theories of global justice
Applicants should have a BA or equivalent degree and professional experience in financial integrity or a related field.
The application deadline is October 16, 2017.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What about remote attendance?
Courses are available remotely through live video conferencing. However, students are urged to attend as many classes as possible to ensure both in depth learning and professional networking.
- What time are classes held?
The classes are held one weekend a month from 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
- Is financial assistance available?
Yes! We have financing to provide merit scholarships. Other types of aid may include government loans and financial assistance through employers.
- How long does it take to complete the degree?
October 2017 to December 2018, or 16 months.
- What are the admissions requirements?
BA or professional experience in financial integrity or a related field.
Complete information on course content and our internationally recognized stellar faculty can be found at http://www.law.case.edu/Academics/Degrees/Master-of-Arts-in-Financial-Integrity
For more information contact MAFI@case.edu.