For the purposes of the European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018, this policy applies where we are acting as a data controller for the personal data of our website users and subscribers.
Types of Personal Information We Collect About You
The personal information we collect about you includes:
- Your personal contact details, such as name, title, postal address(es), email addres(ses), and telephone numbers.
- Technical information and usage data, such as information from your visits to our website or relating to the event invitations, updates, marketing materials, newsletter materials, and other communications we send to you electronically.
- Your communication preferences regarding subscription and marketing materials.
How We Collect Your Personal Information
We collect personal information about you in the following ways:
- During the subscription sign-up and billing process, such as when you purchase or renew an IELR subscription through our website, and/or provide your billing information in the process.
- Through your general use of and interaction with our sites and forms. As you request information from our server, your browser sends information to our server. Our server uses the connection information to respond to the request and saves some connection and time information, as well as success or failure information, into a logfile.
Additionally, we may collect and process the following data about you:
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, and other communication data, whether this is required for our own subscription and billing purposes or otherwise.
- Transaction data that you provide us when purchasing a subscription or service through our site, such as billing addresses.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To contact you, if you have provided your consent for us to do so, with newsletters, marketing, and promotional offers.
- To manage, fulfill, and improve our products, materials, and communications.
- To retrieve and provide information requested by you.
- To monitor the use of, and improve, this website.
Our Legal Bases for Collecting, Processing, and Using Your Personal Information
We collect, process, and use your personal information on the following bases:
- To perform a contract, such as engaging with you to provide our products, services, and communications.
- To comply with a legal obligation.
- For our legitimate interests, as summarized above under the heading “How we use your personal information.”
Cookies and IP Addresses
We may collect information about your computer, including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
We do not, but we may, obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They may help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalized service. They may enable us:
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customize our site according to your individual interests.
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To recognize you when you return to our site.
Where We Store and Process Your Personal Data
Data is stored and processed in the USA.
Personal data we do not store
We do not store the details provided by your web browser and delete it except for some data saved in the logfile.
In addition, we do not store sensitive financial information, such as credit card information, through our website. That information is provided to the third-party payment processor, PayPal, and is not shared with us.
How We Use Your Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in a legible and responsive manner for you and for your computing device.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, such as subscription order processing and fulfillment.
Disclosure of Information
We may disclose your personal information, if we have any from our websites, to third parties:
Your Rights With Respect to Your Personal Data
We will ensure that you can exercise your rights in relation to the personal data you provide to us. Your rights include the following:
- In cases in which we have previously obtained your consent to collect or process your personal data, you may withdraw your consent or unsubscribe from our services and lists at any time.
- You can request access to the personal data we hold about you at any time by contacting email@example.com with the subject line “GDPR Notice.”
- You can ask us to update your personal data if it changes. In certain circumstances, you can request we erase the personal data we hold, or ask us to stop or restrict processing if you have an objection.
- You have a right to data portability. This means that you can ask for a copy of your information in a machine-readable format to allow you to obtain and reuse your personal data for your own purposes across different services.
- If you have any privacy-related questions or unresolved problems relating to the use of your personal data, you may inform us by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.